Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cataratas

Cataratas means waterfall in Spanish...and due to Dennis' careful web-searching we managed to book rooms at the Cataratas Eco Resort here in La Fortuna. The place is gorgeous with pools, waterfalls, pretty gardens, a great restaurant and spacious bedrooms.

And up the road from the Cataratas Resort along a very bumpy road is an impressive waterfall. We walked about a mile to the trail, paid a tourist fee, and then began to descend many many steps. At the bottom you can swim in the rough and amazing current. It was one of those indelible moments as I took in the bright moss-covered walls, the heavy mist of the waterfall and just let my body bounce in the current. Later I found a spot below where the waves could pound my back....perfectly.

As I walked back up those many stairs and my face quickly filled with sweat, that moment of complete bliss in the midst of the waterfall made it all worth it.

No comments: